Window treatments add elegance and beauty to any home, which is why it’s important to choose the right one for the space. Window treatments include curtains, drapes, blinds, and shutters of different designs and made from different materials. The ample choice can often be overwhelming and confusing to most homeowners. At A&M Homes, we recommend the tips and suggestions mentioned below:
1. Drapes and curtains
These are the most popular types of window treatments. They’re available in a combination of different fabrics, colors, designs, and textures, which makes them one of the most versatile window treatment products. Here’s a brief introduction to the different types of drapes and curtains available in the market:
• Panel curtains – Panel curtains are made from panels of fabric and are placed a few inches above the window and end a few inches below the windows. They are hung from decorative curtain rods and come in different colors.
• Blackout or thermal curtains – These curtains combine utility with design. The blackout curtains block out the sunlight coming through the windows, which can help you nap or your young children nap during the daytime.
• Sheer curtains – Sheer curtains allow ample light to flood into the room. They’re mostly for decorative purposes and can make the room look much more elegant.
Shades are made from fabric and roll up and down with the help of a pulley system. While these window treatments are similar to blinds, they don’t have slats or vanes. They’re available in different design combinations, including:
• Pleated shades – These are the most popular types of shades. They look simple and elegant, which makes them the perfect choice for modern homes. They’re made from single piece of fabric with crisp and neat pleats.
• Cellular or honeycomb shades – These shades help prevent heat loss during winter and keep the room cool during summer thanks to the air-pockets in the honeycomb design.
• Roller shades – Roller shades are also known as solar shades and are designed to protect you from the sun’s harmful UV rays. They’re elegant and easy to clean, which makes them a good choice for modern homes. They come in different fabric and design combinations, including eco-friendly options like bamboo and hemp.
• Roman shades – Roman shades are elegant and have a traditional design that makes them suitable for all kinds of properties. They form large folds when pulled up but are flat when they’re pulled down.
3. Other window treatment options
While curtains and shades are some of the most popular window treatment options, they are other treatments available and they include:
• Window blinds like vertical blinds, mini-blinds, horizontal blinds, etc.
• Shutters like plantation shutters, cafe-style shutters, shaker shutters, etc.
All you need to do is determine which of these options suit your privacy, design, and light control requirements the best and then make your purchase.
If you want to know more about window treatments or are looking for a new home with great windows, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at A&M Homes through our contact us page. We’ll be happy to help.